Friday, April 25, 2008

4/25

What is it about weeds in my yard that ticks me off? Today I went (weed pullin') and the deeper I got in to the task, the more and more aggravated it made me. There was this one type of weed that would prick my fingers when I would grab it. This same weed would break off before I could get the root out letting me know that it was not gone for good, but lingering underground only to return in several days. I really want a green beautiful yard that isnt choked out by weeds, but it is just so difficult to dig them up. I usually get a few out and then give up until its obvious again.
It reminds me of some sins in my life. I take  a stab at trying to overcome them, but end up just putting them aside briefly, only for them to return days later. In order to get weeds out of the yard, you have to completely remove them roots and all. The same goes with sin. It isnt feasible to assume that you can just ignore or make a passive attempt at overcoming sin. It takes drastic measures sometimes. You have to get to the root! What is trying to steal the beauty from your life by resisting your removal? Its time to take drastic measures! You can do it... but you have to dig deep!

No comments: